"Smart Move Program"
The Illinois SMART MOVE program offers below-market interest rates and down payment
assistance to first-time homebuyers and veterans. First-time homebuyers are individuals who have
not owned a home in the last three years. Eligibility for each program is based upon household
income, family size and the sales price of the home. These products may not be used with a
Mortgage Credit Certificate. Click here to learn More about this program.
- 1st Time Buyer’s Only.
- Income and purchase price limits apply. Click here to learn more about these limits.
- Buyer must contribute greater of $1,000 or 1% of purchase price.
- Borrower receives 0%, 10 year, forgivable second mortgage for lesser of 3% or $6,000.
- Home Owner Counseling Required.
- First mortgage must meet standard FHA guidelines.
Click here to learn more about the SMART MOVE program requirements.